Now in its second year, and building on the success of previous JamBusting Challenges all businesses across the West of England are invited to join in with the Big Commuting Challenge 2015.
This month long event is a perfect excuse to have some fun with your team and settle some departmental rivalries by competing across your organisation for the most journeys traveled. Find out if your team has what it takes to beat all other businesses in your size category and be crowned winners in this all important European Green Capital Year!
How great would it be if all Go Green member organisations supported their staff to take part and contribute to a reduction in congestion and air pollution in the area by encouraging fewer single occupied car journeys to work this summer?
During the months of June and July 2015, your employees will be able to join the challenge simply by switching the way they travel to work. Every single journey made by walking, cycling, public transport, car sharing or any other sustainable mode instead of taking a car alone can be logged on the easy to access website. Working from home also counts as this contributes to another vehicle off the road!
Last year over 200 businesses joined in, with over 3000 individuals taking part. The leading businesses were recognised at the Travelwest Business Travel Awards in November.
How it works
- If you have not taken part previously you will need to register your business online at www.travelwest.info/bigcommutingchallenge with a nominated administrator. The website is now open for registration and its not too late to enter.
- Previous participants will need to check business details as we will be pre-registering those companies.
- Once your business is registered your employees will be able to sign up and start recording their journeys made during the months of June and July.
- Every single journey logged counts towards your total score.
- The success criteria is the % level of participation in the challenge rather than distances traveled, so by encouraging as many people to join in you could quickly be rising up the leader board.
During May Travelwest will be providing some on-line resources including downloadable pdf posters, which you can use to promote the Challenge to your staff.
The Travelwest Roadshow team travel advisors will be available to provide advice and support before and during the challenge.
Watch out for future blogs with further Challenge details, and hints to motivate your staff to take part.
- Tips from our Travel & Transport Business Breakfast about engaging staff
- Top Tips for encouraging staff to cycle
- Learn from Computershare's travel approach - Travelwest Sustainable Travel Award winners
- Find out about corporate bus travel offers with First Group
Do you want to take part in the Big Commuting Challenge 2015?
If you have already registered, ensure your company details are up to date. If not sign up now and start recruiting your team today!